Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hip and with it...

Marty tells me I'll be "hip and with it" if I post my regular ol' family letter on the blog. Ok, he didn't really tell me that, but I think that's what he was thinking. So, here's the letter I wrote to my family incase anyone wants the nity grity updates on our family. :)


Dear Family,

I think it's been almost twice as long since I have written as mom but I doubt I did half as much in that same amount of time! What a busy month for you mom!! Things for us have been going well. As mom mentioned, Angie has yet another ear infection (her 7th) so the doctors recommended getting tubes. We hope that they will keep her from so many ear infections and such terrible pain. Besides that though, she has been cute as ever. She thinks she's such a little grown-up lately. She is always pulling up to things and tries to stand on her own. Unfortunately this makes for bruises on her forehead and cut lips more often than not. Regardless, she is still set on learning to stand.

Marty is approaching the end of the shool year and is working hard to finish grading in time. In fact, we can thank him and a late night grading stint for providing me with lots of time to finally get this family letter written. Besides that, scouts is going well. They are getting ready for scout camp which is in a few more weeks. We've also enjoyed a few weeks off of graduate school and are bracing ourselves for the summer semester. We are still working on securing a summer job that will pay for grad school but we'll figure it all out soon enough I'm sure.

As for me, things have been keeping busy at home. I've been helping babysit for a couple of my neighbors which ends up taking a lot of my energy but it will only be until the end of the month. A couple weeks ago (over mother's day) we had Strep but we are happily over that now. Unfortunately I think we passed our sickness on to our dryer though because as soon as we got better the dryer stopped working. Lucklily we have a clothes line and I really enjoy the natural-down-to-earth feel of drying our clothes out on the line----it's only a problem when we get bouts of rain. Besides that, my work at the nursery is going well. Our nursery contract will be changing in July which means we will no longer be open on weekends. They also have to start having two people in the nursery at all times so they are offering me 20 hours a week in the nursery in exchange for my one weekend a month. I will probably end up doing it through the summer and then try to cut back come fall.

Well, lets see....other than that....we had a really great time last weekend with the Reeder's all in town for Sadie's wedding. It's always fun to see all of Angie's cute little cousins. The wedding, open-house, and luncheon were all spectacular. It was fun to realize through talking to people that we weren't the only one's who are really impressed with what a good match Sadie and Christian are.

Well, Angie is calling for some comfort so I best go. I don't have any new pictures with me so I'll have to send some later. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope you have fun in Korea Joseph, April, Jacob, and little girl!!

Love always,
Bonnie

9 comments:

Shayne said...

I don't know about hip or with it but this is a perfect place for your family letter. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Birds are ugly anyway.

daisy said...

Sorry about Angie and her ear infections. That can't be fun. I can't believe how much she has grown...and mostly I mean seems grown-up. Maggie must know she is that last so is staying a baby longer for my sake.

Thanks for updating us on your family. All the Scott girls had such a great time with you and Marty...as always.

Emily said...

Maggie is soooo cute! We had a good time seeing her at the wedding...oh yeah, it was good to see you and Marty as well. I'm also glad to hear that Marty's on board with the family reunion...

daisy said...

Em--do you mean Angie? I mean Maggie is cute and all but she belongs to us...Shayne and I.

Marty Reeder said...

7 stones = fourteen dead, ugly birds.

Everyone do your part.

Emily said...

Ohmygosh! I totally meant Angie. I have been doing that all week when I tell everyone about Angie...Also, it doesn't help that I tell everyone that we were at Lily's wedding and that Sadie's being a pest. Wow, do I have alcheimers (do I even know how to spell that word?). Anyway, you know what I mean. Sorry, I've been on the sicky band wagon and forgot to get off--does that even make sense?

nana said...

Well I always call Erma -- Emily and Sadie -- Isaac... for some reason. Like daughter like mom....

sadie said...

What? Lily got married? Wow. I must have been gone a long time.

Anonymous said...

My biceps are larger than Edgar Lipsey's biceps.