Thursday, May 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Dazer

Here I am teaching a class full of 9th graders about King Arthur when I remember it's my sister's birthday. It's amazing how willingly my students sacrificed 20 minutes of learning so that they could let me call Daisy and sing happy birthday to her (I mean, we had to go through a few practice runs first). It was at this moment that I realized that we owe a lot to little Dais, and here's why...Feel free to add any more I left out:
  • "Taking turns" scratching backs
  • giving Isaac a birthday present of service cards for ways that he could serve you
  • Scarlett and Rhett butler frame with pictures of your boyfriends
  • Dole stickers
  • List of "things to do" (I always remember seeing some)
  • million dollar inventions (really, you're good at that)
  • juicy journal entries (not that I would know)
  • always being able to find anything missing once we announce a reward
  • always being picked out with Emily as the "ring leader"
  • good phone conversationalist
  • contains a welath of TV and celebrity knowledge
  • great blogger

That's a whole lot to accomplish in a mere 29? years.

9 comments:

daisy said...

Thanks Sadie. I am GREAT!

Don't forget: "You can give me this, or this?"

Marty Reeder said...

... And an incredible runner ... I think that is saying something, because most of us burned out with that whole running thing, but not Daisy. She actually got up early and ran of her own free will. I'm still not sure I understand it, but she did it all the same.

(By the way, if you are wondering how I know this, it's because she insisted on having Isaac and me join her.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAISY!

Shayne said...

What's this?

daisy said...

Shayne you have used that line already twice.

Emily said...

Happiest of Happy Birthdays!!
to continue the list:
always being interested in my kids, when, lets face it...they're not as cute as the Scott girls.

spending all day to look up and research a breastfeeding question for me when absolutely NO ONE else cares.

creative

funny--I mean not as funny as Sadie, Marty, or Isaac...but definately in the top five of the family.

organized--easily the most organized of the group and perhaps more organized than probably 80% of the population...without being annoyingly anal.

a great mom

great or greatest cook?

and i absolutely didn't forget: persuasive as in, "you can give me this, or this."

Happy Birthday.

nana said...

Daisy Sue.. fun comments on this blog thing... what a sweet daughter... happy b-day!

nana

sadie said...

Hey Shayne. Some lines are too good to use only once. Keep it up. And remember, there's always anniversaries, children's birthdays, valentine's day, and christmas.

daisy said...

Thanks for the nice comments siblings. I'm still waiting for one from Isaac though.
Love you guys! I mean it.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site familyreeder.blogspot.com
Is this possible?