Thursday, May 10, 2007

I thought it was just Marty


Does anyone remember how Marty used to read encyclopedias? I always thought that it was a little strange. Well, I have a child who does the same thing....only she can't read yet, so she must just be studying the pictures. She has been known to sneak them to bed every now and then. Little miss Clayre-bees.

This morning I went upstairs. The T.V wasn't working so while Clayre and Kate were waiting for me to come up and fix it, they got out all the World Book Encyclopedias (good gift, mom) and were going through them. Clayre said to me, "I didn't know train had two O's in it." I'm not sure what that means. Maybe she was "reading" about Choo Choo trains?

Anyway, the T.V. is back working so after they but all the books back (Clayre sang the alpha-bet song to know the order to put them back, right. Genious!) ....it's off to learning how to count to 10 in Spanish from who better than, Dora the Explorer!

4 comments:

Shayne said...

Mark my words everyone, Clayre will either cure cancer, build a rocketship to visit far away planets, or will be strung out on meth. She is an enigma that I may never figure out.

sadie said...

Phew...good thing you got the tv working again. To think of what might have happened if you would have been stuck with encyclopedias. Thank goodness for Dora and Little Einsteins. (I mean with a name like Little Einsteins it's got to be as educational as an encyclopedia, right?)

nana said...

Excellent! Way to go Clayre dearest!

Marty Reeder said...

What's with the "used to" read encyclopedias. Since Bonnie and I were sick this whole past weekend, I had been stuck indoors all day. Maybe I shouldn't divulge this information, but you can ask Bonnie how many encyclopedias she had to clean up after me (I believe it was the "Ci-Cz," "E," "M," and one more that I can't remember).

Where did all that encyclopedia reading get me? Standing in front of a class of students who think encyclopedias start with "wiki."

Go Clayre! You've got a great future ahead of you.