Monday, September 24, 2007

Quiet Week

Fall in my little home town is a thing of beauty. We had our first fall storm over the weekend and the mountains have a dusting of snow. We had the privilege of hosting Sadie and Christian for a couple of days. They are starting out nicely and are excited about the near and far future. Marty and Isaac got the beds out of our basement and now were are setting up our "workout" room. It will be state of the art with a treadmill, stationary bike, and heavy things designed to lift so that old people can be healthy and strong. I've limited myself to mowing the lawn just twice a week and I'm stunned at the spare time I have. Unfortunately, I can't listen to all the podcasts that I've downloaded from this thing called the world wide web. Canyon called on Saturday to see if it had snowed yet. At the time it was just rain but as I aforementioned, there is snow now. Next weekend Dona and I are going to Eugene Oregon to celebrate the 36th year anniversary of my transfer there as a missionary. Coincidently (thank goodness for spell check), there happens to be a cross country meet at the same time. I'm really glad that Dona can go because she's fun and she cares for me! Last weekend we attended a sacrament meeting that Justin Reeder happened to be the speaker. He's going on a mission to Everett Washington. Since he's going to the northwest, I thought I should go and help him understand the language and people. We had a great visit with the Clark Reeders plus Julene and Linda. That's the news.

5 comments:

daisy said...

Thanks dad. Sounds like you are asking for 4 wild and crazy girls (grandgirls that is) to come a visit for a few days. What are you guys doing for UEA? We would love to come and visit.

Marty Reeder said...

Sardine Canyon was absolutely stunning yesterday. There was some snowflakes crystalizing near the summit, but nothing to make the driving bad.

That's really neat that you and Mom are going back to Eugene. I think that Bonnie and I will have to do that, though I'm not sure if we'll be up to going to Honduras in thirty years, so I'll probably have to go next year or something.

Shayne said...

Dais,

I don't know if you want use the QUIET WEEK post to invite yourself up to your parents house for 4 days with the 4 girls. Especially if you are going to bring Kate, everyone knows what a terribly behaved little 3 year old she is.

Emily said...

The fall looks wonderful. I miss it. Canyon will be excited that it snowed, though, and one of these years we'll have to make it out there this time of year. Have fun in Eugene.

sadie said...

That was sure nice of dad to comment on our visit without using words like "moochers", "unwelcome", and "newlyweds who need to learn their limit."

We had a great time with mom and dad and enjoy the luxury of living only an hour away (sorry Em and Dais). Thanks for everything.