Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Poppa!


Some great things about dad:
1. He tells stories about the kid with no legs (or a wooden leg, or prosthetic leg, or some sort of leg problem).
2. He mows the lawn two maybe three times a day.
3. He loves to "hate" JD (sorry Brooke).
4. He put up with three grown college kids living at home for what seemed like forever.
5. He drives to St. George or Livermore (or Farmington) at the drop of a hat.
6. He plays with the grandkids.
7. He takes us to Angie's, buys us running shoes, and allows mom to take her girls on shopping sprees.
8. He would buy pants at Nordstrom's because Glenn Beck says so.
9. He knows everything.
10. Everything.
11. He runs every day.
12. He goes on walks with mom.
13. He reads a lot.
14. He tortured his children by making them exercise.
15. He gives good advice.

Feel free to add some more highlights. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Dad!

5 comments:

Shayne said...

I love watching games with Steve cuz if someone makes a play he can then give you the person's life story. He really knows everything about thise kinds of things and it enhances the game so much, it really does. You can then hate the guy for his gun possession charge or love him for his adoption of little kids.

Emily said...

He took me swimming in the early morning with him...and I'm not sure if I've ever thanked him for that. All the guys that I swim with now, know that story and always tell me I should tell my dad thanks. So anyway, thanks for "making" us love what we do. Happy Birthday.

daisy said...

I always felt that I had a special bond with dad because I loved running as much as he did. I thought that I got more special time with him because we would go on runs together and later he would bike while I ran. He never missed one of my races (that goes for mom too-until she couldn't fly to a few of my college ones). Now that's amazing, and it meant a lot!

I still love asking for his advice and telling him how my running is currently going. I guess Dad--you have been and always will be my coach. Happy Birthday! I love ya!

J Bentham said...

He (and Dona, too) took in a wayward nephew and gave him a home (several times, actually)! He has always been an excellent example of how to be a Reeder man. I used to ask him all kinds of family questions. I'll never forget sitting in the Portland temple with him prior to my wedding. It was a very special moment for me. Thank you...

Marty Reeder said...

I know that I can always, always instigate an interesting conversation with him if I simply drop a casual reference to something going on in politics. Though, when we were growing up, he was careful (at least, it seemed to me) to not bias us towards politics either way and let us choose.

I also love knowing that if Dad answers the phone, no more words than those necessary for the most basic communication will be uttered (probably because he and mom are watching 24, or something like that).