Monday, March 17, 2008

Isaac would be so proud.


So I rearranged the upstairs T.V. room a little while back. And finally put up the map that mom and dad got for Shayne for his birthday (last year). It all turned out great. I even framed the map using a method I learned from Isaac. I took a trip to Home Depot and bought unfinished base boards. I didn't have any way to cut the wood at an angle so I just went over to one of the houses in our neighborhood that is being built and asked a guy there if he could cut the ends at an angle for me. "Not a problem." Nice! Then I came home and stained it, lathered on some finish, and then nailed it to the walls using finishing nails. Isaac are you impressed yet? Well needless to say, the room looks a million times better. Now Isaac this does not mean you have been replaced. Actually our list for you continues to grow.... Hey, any plans yet for summer? Just kidding. Or am I?


7 comments:

sadie said...

Weird. I thought that post was written by Daisy all along until I got to the last line. Then I knew it was Parly. Just kidding, or am I?

Nice one. And nice room Daisy/Parly. When are you going to come work on mine. Oh yeah, this weekend. Nice.

Brooke said...

Awesome and inspiring.

nana said...

sweet looking room... perhaps Shayne should leave more often... just kidding....

nana said...

sweet looking room... perhaps Shayne should leave more often... just kidding....

nana said...

okay I don't know why that always happens to me... the double postings... is that like double clicking????

Marty Reeder said...

Now Shayne has the whole world in his entryway and upstairs living room ... he just lacks having it in his hands.

I am, by the way, both impressed and extremely jealous.

Brittney said...

the room looks good. i never saw the "before," but it looks great now. that framing idea is brilliant (isaac), as was your method of implementation (daisy).