Sunday, March 23, 2008

And Then There was Daisy

She's sort of like Mary Poppins. Here's what our house looked like before she came:
  • Piles of dirty laundry, dirty diapers, dirty dishes in every room
  • Christian sleepwalking around the house at all hours trying to work, sleep, and change diapers all at the same time
  • Me crying and trying to nurse CJ
  • Sleeping two hours a night
After Daisy came, everything tasted, smelled, and looked better. I remember at one point, I saw her walk into my bedroom and walk out in what seemed to be three seconds. When I looked in my room my bed was made and all of CJ's blankets folded. I think I even saw a couple of mints on our pillows. Not to mention the wonderful night's sleep we had each night she stayed here. Before she left, she had dinner in the crockpot and rolls rising in the oven. She found time Saturday to go for a 10 mile run. It only took her little over an hour. In that amount of time, I think I moved from the couch to my bed.

Thanks, Daisy. You're amazing. As Emily said, you sure can pull through in a pinch. CJ misses you already.

6 comments:

daisy said...

"A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...." I think it was the Cadbury mini eggs that won you guys over in the end.

Shayne said...

she is great. We are glad to have her back. You can't have her.

Marty Reeder said...

Maybe Daisy can come in June for us ... does she do sheetrocking and tiling also ...?

Sadie's right, though. When we stopped by, Daisy managed to entertain Angie and clean up some messes all without our even noticing. Definitely a mom quality.

Isaac and Elise said...

I think that the reason that tele isn't turing out the way we would like is because we didn't have Daisy's help when he was a puppy.

Brittney said...

way to go daisy! and you make it look so easy...

Emily said...

Umm. Where was Daisy when I had FOUR CHILDREN!!! Well, at least I had Dona, and I have to say, that, in itself, is pretty amazing in very similar ways.