Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Suprise


Dona and I would like our grandkids to know that soon they will have a new uncle or aunt. We don't know for sure yet but it will be one or the other. I'm kind of excited because after practicing on five children we might do the best job yet. Because I'm retiring, I'll stay home with the child as soon as Dona can get back to work. Changing diapers hasn't been my best skill but I think I can learn. Nursing is going to be a problem but for a while I'll just take the baby to the LHS library for feedings. I'm planning on learning how to fish and hunt because I didn't do a very good job of that the first time around. Anyway, we just wanted you all to know about our upcoming blessed event and wish you all a very pleasant April 1st.

6 comments:

daisy said...

If it is a boy. We will take him off your hands and raise him as our own. I'll be his aunt/mommie. Good one Dad!

nana said...

The bad thing is, I really didn't know how to tell Steve! It was stressing me out. I'm glad to hear he'll be the mom... and he thought I was crying because of the Student Body Officer election!

sadie said...

I am willing to do some babysitting. My rates our reasonable. Inquire within.

Emily said...

We knew you couldn't really 'retire.' Now you don't have to...you can be a stay-at-home dad.

Mandy said...

Wow...you had me going for a minute. I was confused, with all sorts of things going on in my little mind...are they adopting? getting a foreign exchange student, taking a small child from the park? Wow...thanks for the note about the date or I would still be scratching my head!

Mandy said...

Oh....and congrats on retiring! could you talk to my mom about that? She can't seem to figure it out!