Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now. Will you still be sending me a Valentine, birthday greeting, bottle of ...non alcoholic apple cider? When I stay out til quarter to three, will you lock the door? Will you still need me will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?

I just delivered about 100 sugar cookies to the track team. Of course, Dona wasn't able to be there to accept the 100 x thanks from the hungry student athletes. Little do they know how much work went into this years batch (as well as every other year). All I know is that when I'm around her, she makes me look real good. I only hope I do the same for her. Needless to say...

5 comments:

daisy said...

I think she makes everyone look good. And I have to say... Dad you are one lucky guy.

Anonymous said...

She is amazing. There is a positive relationship between the goodness of those Valentine's Day cookies and the size of Dona's heart.

Fo Shizzle.

Peace out.

sadie said...

Yeah, those cookies are really good. And mom is pretty neat, too.

Marty Reeder said...

I can't think of a better way to teach your children than through acts of service, like Mom did, all througout her life.

Emily said...

So, just as pink is the new black: the track team are the new widows? I'm glad mom found a new Valentine's cause.

I need to learn how to make her cookies and find a Valentine cause...or just fly her out every year for Valentine's day.