Thursday, January 3, 2008

Triathlon Anyone?


I don't know how it crept up on us, but the Spudman Triathlon is only 205 days away! The sign-ups (I think it's a lottery-type sign-up) start this Monday, and Christian has been planning on competing. I'd like to do something, too. But I was thinking of doing it as a team. Anyone interested? The race is on July 26th--the last Saturday in July. It's a 1.5 K swim, 40K bike, and a 10K run. I was thinking that I would do the running leg, since that would probably be the easiest for me to train after the baby. But I'm open to do the swim as well if someone (dad, Shayne, Daisy, Elise, etc.) wanted to do the run. It could be a fun little reunion for the family. Some of you might even want to do the whole thing, which would be great. Or we could do two teams if enough people could do it. The cost is a little steep--$50 per person, but you get a t-shirt AND a swim cap so in the end you almost make a profit. Anyone interested? Come on Daisy, remember the glory days!

By the way, I'd love to see both Emily and Marty on the swim. I have a feeling Emily would dominate...and Dustin and Isaac on the bike for that matter.

7 comments:

daisy said...

What the heck! I'll do it. I'll do a team one...I prefer the run or the swim....and if I can borrow Sadie's bike, maybe the whole thing. Put me where you need me.

Shayne said...

If I am there anyway (see comment #1) I will either watch all the kids or do the run, no swimming or biking for me. Daisy, you need to do the whole thing though, c'mon.

sadie said...

Yes, Daisy, definitely. After the Boston, it would be a shame for you to compete in a team. And of course you can borrow my/your bike. You'll have to pick it up next time you're in town.

Emily said...

count me in. I want to try and do the whole thing.

Marty Reeder said...

I might swim. Where is this thing?

sadie said...

It's in the thriving metropolis of Burley Idaho.

Papa said...

When the morning temperature is zero degrees, I have a hard time thinking about swimming in the Snake River. So much about global warming.