Thursday, August 23, 2007

Being Pregnant Stinks....Literally


It's not that I haven't enjoyed these ten weeks so far. They've actually been alright for the most part especially because I get to do a lot of things I wouldn't normally do--such as buying the "expensive" cereal and craving things like chicken fajitas from Chilis and Country Time strawberry lemonade (good stuff). Besides which, pregnancy is a really great excuse to fall behind on little things like laundry, cleaning, and cooking. So for the most part I have no complaints, but there is the smell thing. Everything stinks. Well, not everything. In fact, it's mostly the normal, good smells that get to me like toothpaste, mouthwash, Christian's deodorant, Christian's shampoo, Christian's shaving cream and aftershave (that's a killer), Christian's cologne, and Christian's soap. Other smells like BO and bad breath don't really get to me, which is why I have stopped using deodorant, lotion, and toothpaste altogether (fun for Christian). But I knew it was really bad when Christian passed by me the other day, and I said, "Your breath is killing me!" Ironic because he teeth smelled exactly like minty fresh crest. Sorry, Christian. Hopefully we can kiss again in nine months, but until then, everything just sort of stinks.

10 comments:

christian said...

Weird. She says that everything stinks. But really its just things associated with me. Those of you who have more experience in the marriage department...should this worry me?

daisy said...

Christian-
Answer to your question: No. Maybe you should just start doing what Shayne does and not brush your teeth or shower for a few days. That will give Sadie a little break.

Shayne said...

I think we are all seeing first hand who the real sufferers are when one is pregnant. It ain't easy. Shower, don't shower, flush the toilet, don't flush the toilet. I mean, we just can't win.

J Bentham said...

Weird--my pregnancies were pretty basic once I got over the morning sickness. Congrats, Sadie! This is the only way a non-Steve- Reeder can find anything out!

J Bentham said...

Weird--my pregnancies were pretty basic once I got over the morning sickness. Congrats, Sadie! This is the only way a non-Steve- Reeder can find anything out!

J Bentham said...

Comment so nice I published it twice?

Marty Reeder said...

Maybe it's not the smell, just the location of the smell, Christian. I would suggest putting your deoderant on your teeth to see what happens.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Good evening

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please come to see our little web poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/erfahrungen.html]brustvergrößerung erfahrungen[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards