Monday, April 16, 2007

Cheers!

In anticipation of finally dialing in the last of the Reeder in-laws…I decided that a tribute to them all (Dustin, Shayne, Bonnie, Elise, and finally Christian) is in order: suckers!! Honestly, though, what kind of people marry into this family? Just a few great reasons:

q The famous sacrament wave
q Fresh from the oven, crisp and wrapped stories for Christmas: Marty originals
q Techno-ball?
q A crush on a cartoon character
q Waiting until 30 seconds before r.e.m. sleep to start talking and talking and talking (sorry Shayne)
q The favorite Aunt, built in babysitter, soon to be mourned: Sadie
q Having the determination to run 2 miles in 20 minutes so you never have to run again
q Always wearing blue
q Always having to be in front (Isaac) happy to be in the back (young Sadie)
q Ganging up on Daisy (I don’t know what she’s talking about?)
q Me, being the ring leader
q Getting in the Oregon ocean in our clothes EVERY TRIP
q Guarding our sugar cereal from the Joneses
q Delivering 50 widow’s cookies in ninja gear
q A fully grown Pirate
q Never leaving the shower at early morning swim practice—every Friday
q Going on track trips with dad
q Falling asleep on the toilet: Marty
q Skinny dipping on Christmas Eve
q Early morning swim, run, canoe…growing up at a scout camp

Marrying into the craziest family on this side of the Universe: priceless.
Cheers to the in-laws…you deserve five gold stars for putting up with us Reeders.

11 comments:

daisy said...

Emily didn't say, but she was the one with the cartoon crush. Aladdin. She made us all go to the Disney movie on Christmas day. She had already gone once, by herself.

Em, you should have added our love of Disney movies.

daisy said...

Wait...was it Aladdin or Prince Eric on Little Mermaid?

Emily said...

Aladdin, it's pretty hard for Dustin to compete with a cartoon character.

sadie said...

I'm pretty sure you made us go to the movies more than once with you. I remember seven or eight times at least. And remember dad's runner who looked like Aladdin? I think you probably scared him pretty bad. But can we focus more on Isaac's wave. I don't think we're drawing enough attention to that.

sadie said...

And Em, I should probably correct you before Marty goes into convulsions. It's Tecmo Bowl not Techno Ball. Cute, though.

Brooke said...

Brrrrrrr. Christmas Eve skinny dipping. I forgot all about that until just now. And I know what you mean about guarding your cereal from the Joneses. I had to do it too. :)

Also, I distinctly remember Emily having a crush on Prince Eric too. I had kind of a crush on Robin of the Teen Titans starting not too long ago. But so does Miles. I think we like him for the same reasons, though.

Marty Reeder said...

Tecno Ball was the only one I didn't get. Thank you Sadie for clarifying. Though I do wonder what kind of Nintendo game Tecno Ball would be. Would Lol Huber be the host, and you have to spin around a Disco Ball to the beat of some good tecno music?

How about Isaac trying to talk over a--supposedly--awkward Beatles song on his California date? (... something in the way she moooooves me ...)

I remember Emily taking us to see Aladdin (I'm guessing she got Mom and Dad to pay--and by that I mean Mom), but I didn't mind because I happened to have a crush on Apu. Apu was a girl, wasn't she ...? Uh-oh.

Shayne said...

Isn't it obvious I married Daisy for her money?

Lisa said...

Don't forget now being related to people who INSIST on blogging!

nana said...

teary eyed... nana

nana said...

although just so you know "in-laws" I cry at commercials...
nana