Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where did those kids come from?

This is not a birthday memory for Marty. I did everyone's birthday last year so I'm done with that. I have been thinking about our situation. I realized that when Marty was born, Daisy was 1 and Emily was 2. I'm sure I thought of that before but that's a lot of young 'uns. Obviously your mother must have been super human (and still is)! Then you figure that when Isaac was born, Marty was 1, Daisy was 3 and Emily was 4. Maybe we should have had quadruplets and called it good. Instead, a couple of tries later we had Sadie and when she was born Isaac was 3, Marty was 5, Daisy was 7, and Emily was 8 (I think). Man, all this math is making me sleepy...singing by the choir.

2 comments:

sadie said...

Yeah, too bad you didn't just have quadruplets and call it good.

Shayne said...

There is a distinct pattern there for the first four kids but that 5th really threw a wrench in there three years later.

In an attempt to zing Sadie I have hinted in the past that since there is a space there between her and Isaac and everyone else is nearly in the same grade in school that she must have been an accident.

I said it in front of Dona though and she took the wind out of my teasing sails by informing me that Sadie WAS an accident but not unlike the other 4 accidents before her.

I think Sadie felt better knowing she was an accident but not the ONLY accident.