Thursday, September 4, 2008

To Papa, From Canyon: On his Birthday.


Dear Papa,
I have stitches on my head. Remember that one time when you came to my swimming lesson and then we went swimming at del Valle. I can ride my bike on the rocks and next time you come we can ride in the vineyard. Remember that one time when I watched Indiana Jones with you? You fell asleep and I went inside the house, I never fall asleep when I watch a movie. Remember when I came to play in the snow and me and you went and got a rope and a hot dog and a slurpy…that was a fun day. Happy Birthday. He was fifty-five? and he turned fifty six.

Canyon

2 comments:

sadie said...

Some of your best traits:
*story telling
*mowing the lawn
*running
*attending your children's sporting events
*jumping on the tramp with grandkids
*grilling
*listening to your ipod
*knowing everything about anything

Happy Birthday, Dad. We love you.

daisy said...

Happy Birthday Dad!!
I will continue from Sadie's list:

*You also always have great advice.
You suggested that I have Parly stretch my shins to help them get stronger. Well she has and she has been great at it. My shin pain is gone. It's so nice! And now Parly is thinking about becoming a trainer or sports therapist because she has a talent for it.

*you love your wife. And it shows and that is truly inspiring. Thank you for that.

*you love your grandkids and they know it and love you back....lots.

*you are great at what you do (job wise). Your students are lucky to have you and even though you could retire now you give 110% there. Always changing, always trying new ways to get kids excited about exercise. I wish my kids could have you as their P.E. teacher. No one is better!